Create Paisley (CREATE) is an innovative youth arts project aiming to reduce loneliness and inequality and support every young person to have hope for the future.
Since 2009, CREATE has supported thousands of young people with the opportunity to express their creativity in a safe and inspiring space. We’re working to increase this support for young people, offering them more opportunities in line with our mission to see ‘young people transformed through creativity, community, confidence and finding their voice’.
It’s an exciting time to join CREATE as we are in a period of growth and transition.
We are looking for an experienced youth worker to join our team. If you are passionate about all things wellbeing and seeing young peoples live positively transformed, we want to hear from you. Find out more about our vacancies and how to apply below.
Youth Worker (Paisley)
Job Reference: YWP2023
Hours: 21 hours per week | 12-month fixed term
Salary: £21,571 – £25,509. per annum (pro rata’d to £12942.60 – £15,305.40) depending on experience
Updated Closing Date: Friday 12th May | Interview Date: Friday 19th May
The role: Create Paisley is looking to appoint an experienced Youth Worker to support and develop our current youth work provision including our youth arts drop in, and co-production of a wellbeing project for 16-25-year-olds. Applicants should be available to work on Tuesday and Thursday evenings.
Please note applicants must have experience of working with young people between the ages of 10-25-years-old.
The Youth Worker will:
- 1.Support and lead youth work activities
- Develop supportive relationships with young people
- Work with the Volunteer Coordinator and Youth Development worker to set up and establish a well-being project for 16-25-year-olds
- Implement evaluation and reflective practice in all activities
How to apply
Please follow these steps to apply to one of our roles.
- Read the job description
- Send an up-to-date CV and a separate cover letter (max 2 A4 pages) to [email protected] with the job reference ID in the subject line. Please see below for guidance on how to format your cover letter.
- Complete an Equality & Diversity Monitoring Form here.
Previous unsuccessful applicants will not be considered
If you have any questions or would like to arrange a conversation, you can email us or call us on 0300 365 0321.
Cover letter guidance
We want to know more about who you are and why you’d be a great asset to the team. The cover letter is your opportunity to build up a profile of yourself, tell us about your personality, some of your greatest achievements, knowledge and experience and how you’re the perfect match for the role. Below are some tips:
- Keep your cover letter under 2 A4 pages long
- Provide clear examples of how you meet the essential criteria (as outlined in each job description)
- Include relevant and valuable information only and try and avoid repetition
- Expand on your career successes
- Please format your final cover letter as a PDF (or Word document).